Re: [Orgmode] another GTD question from dto

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] another GTD question from dto
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:55:46 +0100

,----
| * Books
| ** TODO Read "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus"
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :CATEGORY: TLP
|   :END:
|
| *** DONE Find out about Wittgenstein's notation
| *** NEXT Chapter 5
| *** TODO Chapter 6
| *** TODO Chapter 7
| *** TODO Review entire book
| *** MAYBE [[...][Spoken mathematics]]
| ** TODO Read "The Analysis of Mind"
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :CATEGORY: TAoM
|   :END:
|
| *** NEXT Chapter 1
`----

Will give in the agenda:

  TLP:              Scheduled:  NEXT Chapter 5
 TAoM:              Scheduled:  NEXT Chapter 1

It defines a category for each book.

Caveat: when I first discover the power of categories (and other ways to
attach interesting information to a headline) I started to use it a lot.
Because I thought I would finally find something useful to do with these
informations.  But sometimes it's just too much, and the hope for some
useful-thing-to-do-in-a-near-future leads to irrelevant hassle...

So in this case, I would simply put "* Chapter 5 of the Tractatus" in
the headline. But this might be entirely personal.

BTW, the Tractatus is also on my TODO list :)

--
Bastien