Re: [Orgmode] FR: Using properties to customize global settings on a per

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: Using properties to customize global settings on a per-entry basis
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:27:11 +0200

On Sep 29, 2007, at 5:50, John Wiegley wrote:

I love using "#+STARTUP: lognotestate" for noting down when and why a task
changes state.

However, I have several tasks which recur daily, or once every two days. The size of these tasks is starting to get crazy, since there are empty "DONE"
messages continually accruing.

I'd like either a) an option to disable lognotestate for recurring tasks, or
b) the ability to change the logging state for a particular entry using
properties.

OK, how about a general mechanism like this:  If there is a property
:org-log-done:, it will be used instead of the current value of
org-log-done during TODO state changeing, like

* repetitive entry
  :PROPERTIES:
     :org-log-done: nil
  :END:

This kind of thing could be applied in more contexts - even though we will have to select each context where we like this explicitly - it always needs some coding.

- Carsten