Re: [Orgmode] Search for tags in TODO item in certain states

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Search for tags in TODO item in certain states
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:08:28 +0100

Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

> For example, I want to have a list of TODO items with "buy" tag, but
> not those in "DONE" or "CANCELED" state.

C-c a m buy/-DONE-CANCELED

(assuming C-c a calls the `org-agenda' command)

The slash separates tags from TODO keywords, as explained here:

  (info "(org)Tag searches")

PS: Maybe the use of uppercase letters for both tags and TODO keywords
is a bit confusing in the documentation. It could be useful to be able
to distinguish between them even when just skimming the doc.

I only capitalize TODO keywords ("NEXT") and the first letter of tags
("Home"). I don't know if this convention is largely adopted, but this
is the one I would propose for the doc.  Comments?

--
Bastien