Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode and Google Calendar

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode and Google Calendar
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:21:02 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> I just point google calendar to this file. The only problem I have had
>> is with google calendars timezone handling.

Talking about the .ics export, I find the new DESCRIPTION very useful.

But maybe org-trim could be used here, so that leading and trailing
whitespaces are stripped away?

  University,\nCalifornia - Submission deadline:

And maybe this description field could also skip timestamps that are not
SCHEDULED or DEADLINE. I often use such timestamps and the description
shows them, which looks weird:

Last but not least: now that we have properties, it would be very nice
to be able to export a :LOCATION: property into the LOCATION vCal field.
Having to store the location in the description is okay, but I think the
location property is quite usual -- what do people think on this?

--
Bastien