Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mairix.el, version 0.3

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mairix.el, version 0.3
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:36:04 -0400

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:18 -0400
> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  bh> Is it possible to use mairix with Gnus and an IMAP server to look
>  bh> up mail by message id or does it only work for local mail?  All of
>  bh> my (copious) mail lives on my IMAP server only since I access it
>  bh> from multiple systems.
>
> Mairix only supports local mail, AFAIK.

I'm in the same boat.  I /think/ there are games you can play to get
to your nnimap groups from mairix with Gnus, but they basically depend
on you running Gnus on the same machine your IMAP server is running
on.  I never got this to work, and it wouldn't have been a complete
solution anyway.

I would /like/ to write an nnir link type for org, so that we can at
least use IMAP searching for resolving links to articles.
Unfortunately, my attempts so far have foundered upon the rocks of
nnir requiring the groups to be searched to be marked in the Gnus
Group buffer.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |