[Orgmode] Re: Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on file

From: Bastien
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on files
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 00:50:02 +0200

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

>> For example: [[gnus:nnml.orgmode#6548::org.pdf]] would fetch the mail
>> #6548 in nnml.orgmode Gnus group and search for the string "org.pdf" in
>> the body of the mail (this could also be a regexp). Then RET will open
>> this PDF attachment with the right app.
>
> Thanks - I'll try that.

Well -- it was a proposal for a possible feature.  Just as storing a
file link lets you keep the context with, it would be nice if we had
context with us when storing e-mail links.  At least for what you're
trying to achieve (directly go to an attachment).

> I don't have anything in ~/.mailcap

Why don't you try a simple ~/.mailcap like this:

application/pdf; /usr/bin/acroread '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY";
description=Portable Document Format; nametemplate=%s.pdf

Or digg for the documentation of `org-file-apps' -- here you can bind
extension and application directly.

--
Bastien