Re: [Orgmode] org-mode create TODO from anywhere

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode create TODO from anywhere
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:15:16 +0200

RIchard <address@hidden> writes:

> I also posted this to the mailing list - I hope this isn't a
> duplicate?

(No duplicate here.)

> Is there a function create a TODO item from any file - at the moment I
> call "remember" which has the necessary hooks into org mode, but
> remember and org-remember all insist on making a link.

What is the value of `org-remember-templates'?

If the template doesn't contain any "%a" or "%A" string, then it won't
insert a link to the buffer you're calling `org-remember' from.

Try this for example:

(setq org-remember-templates '((?n "* TODO %?\n  %i\n")))

> This doesn't work from a temprorary or non-linkable buffer. I'm sure
> there is a function to bind to a global key to create a non linked
> "task" but I can't see it.

Works nice here: even with "%a" or "%A" in my template, if the buffer is
non-linkable, then the link will just be ignored.

--
Bastien