Re: [Orgmode] How can I include body of tree as DESCRIPTION: tag using o

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How can I include body of tree as DESCRIPTION: tag using org-export-icalendar
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:45:50 +0200

On Sep 18, 2007, at 15:02, Ben Alexander wrote:

Hello,

I have read the org-mode info pages, and the FAQ online, and they've been a great source of help. I'm happily using org-mode on a Mac OS X system, and exporting to an iCalendar file and syncing with iCal. It works pretty well. I then use iSync to export my calendar to my mobile phone, so I can take my TODO list out for the day without burning trees (and ink cartridges).

There are two features that would really be nice. The high priority one is some way of including some amount of the body of a TODO headline into the DESCRIPTION field.

What is the DESCRIPTION field?????

The second feature request is a way to limit my exporting to a single tag or two (e.g. @PHONE and @ERRANDS).

What do you mean by "your exporting".

You can do an agenda search on tags, like

C-c a m @PHONE|@ERRANTS RET

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam