Re: [Orgmode] Moving an item to a precise place

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Moving an item to a precise place
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:45:43 +0200

On Sep 19, 2007, at 18:26, John Rakestraw wrote:

A really stupid solution is also to promote the entry to
top level with M-left, then to move it down with M-down,
then to demote it again with M-right.  For short distances
this requires the lease amount of thinking.....

I found this "stupid solution" appealing (not sure what this says about
me ;), but learned that in my set-up "M-up" performs the same action as
"M-S-<up>" -- i.e, it moves an entire tree rather than just a heading.

Of course, you are right, it is more complicated than this.  You would
need do switch between moving and demoting to get it up as a single
top-level entry.  Makes it a lot less useful.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam