Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable from multiple files?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable from multiple files?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:07:20 +0200

address@hidden (Jason F. McBrayer) writes:

> I can't volunteer to write anything at this point, but I do have some
> comments.

Same here.

> I think accumulating CLOCK entries in the outline is The Right Thing.

I think it's okay, but I guess lots of people (including me) don't care
about the detailed clocking history - I just need to know how much time
I spent on a task.

So a simple :CLOCK: property might be an alternative way to keep track
of all the clocking stuff. We could even refine this and have something
like a :CLOCKED-IN: property for tasks that last more than the duration
of an Emacs session (which equals the lifespan of an Org buffer :)

I would also make it possible to merge all the CLOCK: lines into a
single :CLOCK: property.

Then what we need is to make `org-clock-sum' and `org-clock-display'
handle the new :CLOCK: property so that the :org-clock-minutes property
is uptodate in headlines properties.

For multi-files timeclock reports, I guess collecting :org-clock-minutes
from headlines is the easy way...

> Maybe someone will get inspired by this :)

Sure!

--
Bastien