[Orgmode] Re: Two org-remember bugs in 5.07

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Two org-remember bugs in 5.07
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:10:34 +0100

On 2007-09-07 09:04 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2007, at 18:08, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I've discovered two problems with org's remember integration.
>> Sadly I use 5.07 since 5.08 hasn't been incorporated Emacs trunk yet.
>
> Yes, synching up with Emacs costs me extra time since my
> development version lives on my computer, not in Emacs.
> I have to make sure that no changes have been made in the
> Emacs CVS by someone else, and I need to have clean ChangeLog entries
> each time I commit.
>
> Since I am not allowed to install new features into the 22.2 branch, and
> since it will be at least a year (well, maybe several years) before
> Emacs 23 will be release with an upgraded version of org.el, this
> seems a relatively pointless exercise for now and not worth my
> time (which is stretched to and sometimes beyond the limits of what
> I can contribute to an open-source project).
>
> Solutions:
>
> - Grab the script that was published here for local installation of
>   the lates org-mode version with a single command.
>
> - Someone with Emacs write acces and a bit of time on his/her hand
>   could take over the task of keeping the Emacs version up to date.
>   Volunteers?
>
> Sorry.
>
> - Carsten

I totally agree with Carsten. Since he is the key (only?) developer of
org, I'd rather he spending his precious time improving or polishing org
instead of wasting time in those bureaucracies.

--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

      Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.