[Orgmode] blank lines and keystrokes for org remember templates

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: [Orgmode] blank lines and keystrokes for org remember templates
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:16:42 -0600

Hi,

1. When I use remember with a template I get a blank line after the text that I type.

My template looks like this:
(setq org-remember-templates
      '((?l "* TODO %?" "~/Documents/org/life.org" "New Tasks")))

If I write TODO something I get a blank line after it in my org file even though I didn't put a newline when using remember.

Is this default behavior? Is there a way to change it so that a newline isn't inserted?

2. How do I bind a keystroke to start remember with one of the org-remember-templates rather than prompting you for the template name?

Thank you,
Scott