[Orgmode] reply to all reminder in list footer?

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: [Orgmode] reply to all reminder in list footer?
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:44:04 -0400

Hi all,

Carsten, I've had a few private replies to posts of mine to the list of late. When in response to questions of mine, googleable knowledge is being lost. When sent as a follow-up question to an answer I've posted, there is a risk that I won't notice it was sent to me privately, and the original inquirer won't get further help.

Both seem bad outcomes, though less bad than the possible consequences of `Reply-to' header munging :-) In the mail lists I've administered, I've had some success in addressing the problem by including a `Reply All' reminder in the list footer. So, instead of including the text

Emacs-orgmode mailing list
address@hidden

at the foot of each post, how about:

Emacs-orgmode mailing list