Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 07:06:39 +0200

>> Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
>> keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
>> is on tags?
>
> Definitely a NO. Who would want to move the cursor before setting
> tags???

I meant: "... restrict the fast selection to tags otherwise (when the
point is *not* on a TODO keyword)".

Since C-a either jumps at the beginning of line or at the beginning of
the heading (not at TODO keywords), being on a TODO keywords requires an
intentional move, and I thought the cost of this intentional move would
protect the (more) expected C-c C-c behavior (i.e. fast tags selection).

Anyway, I can see there is too much clouds and speculation here!

--
Bastien