Re: [Orgmode] Re: deadlines with special option for warning days.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: deadlines with special option for warning days.
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:35:50 +0200

On Sep 3, 2007, at 16:56, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

On Aug 31, 2007, at 18:31, Rainer Stengele wrote:
How about the following solution.

If you bind org-deadline-warning-days to 0 or a negative number,
this value (the absolute value of that number) will be enforced
no matter what.  If it is a positive number, individual lead
times will overrule it.

- Carsten

OK - so how would I bind the value for different custom agenda views
to different values?

This would be using the options section of an agenda command.

Here is a lisp example:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
  '(("a" agenda "" ((org-deadline-warning-days -5)))))

It is much easier to work on these custom views through the customize
interface, so do M-x customize-variable RET org-agenda-custom-commands RET
or even easier `C-c a C'

There you can click INS in the options field and then fill in
the variable name and the value you would like it to have.

In the Manual, take a look at section 9.6.3 which has examples for this.
Also John Wiegley shows in his document some examples for custom views
with local variable settings and how these are made using the customize
interface.

Hope this helps.

- Carsten

Hi Carsten,

this is maybe a misunderstanding. I already use a lot of the custom agenda views.
Example:

Well, your question read

OK - so how would I bind the value for different custom agenda views
to different values?

Don;t know how to interpret it differently.

        ("d" agenda "X-Agenda 0 days deadline preview"
         ((org-deadline-warning-days 0))
         nil
         ("~/org/agenda0.txt"))

This will work in 5.08.  Setting org-deadline-warning-days
to 0 or a negative number will overrule any individual lead times
set with the -5d syntax.

I do not want this one to appear because my custom org-deadline-warning-days is 0.
Did I misunderstand you or is this a bug?

It is not a bug, but the change I describe above is not yet in any release.

- Carsten