[Orgmode] Re: deadlines with special option for warning days.

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: deadlines with special option for warning days.
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:56:17 +0200

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

> On Aug 31, 2007, at 18:31, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>>> How about the following solution.
>>>
>>> If you bind org-deadline-warning-days to 0 or a negative number,
>>> this value (the absolute value of that number) will be enforced
>>> no matter what.  If it is a positive number, individual lead
>>> times will overrule it.
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>
>> OK - so how would I bind the value for different custom agenda views
>> to different values?
>
> This would be using the options section of an agenda command.
>
> Here is a lisp example:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>   '(("a" agenda "" ((org-deadline-warning-days -5)))))
>
> It is much easier to work on these custom views through the customize
> interface, so do M-x customize-variable RET org-agenda-custom-commands RET
> or even easier `C-c a C'
>
> There you can click INS in the options field and then fill in
> the variable name and the value you would like it to have.
>
> In the Manual, take a look at section 9.6.3 which has examples for this.
> Also John Wiegley shows in his document some examples for custom views
> with local variable settings and how these are made using the customize
> interface.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

this is maybe a misunderstanding. I already use a lot of the custom agenda
views.
Example:

        ("d" agenda "X-Agenda 0 days deadline preview"
         ((org-deadline-warning-days 0))
         nil
         ("~/org/agenda0.txt"))

having a todo with a

DEADLINE: <2007-09-07 Fr -5d>

this one will show up as:

 CATEGORY:      In   4 d.:  TODO ....

I do not want this one to appear because my custom org-deadline-warning-days is
0.
Did I misunderstand you or is this a bug?

Rainer