Re: [Orgmode] Not using GTD

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Not using GTD
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:03:41 -0500

On 8/27/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> For those of you who don't feel comfortable with GTD as the
> mind set for your task management system,

that sure sounds like me!

> here is an interesting,
> detailed, and really well written document describing a more
> traditional day planner setup.
>
>      http://johnwiegley.com/org.mode.day.planner.html

That is an excellent essay, with some very insightful comments. I
especially appreciated the part about avoiding the build up of overdue
scheduled tasks. In my case, this sometimes leads to "agenda anxiety",
which causes me to invent all sorts of displacement activities rather
than review my daily tasks.

> It is written by John Wiegley who is not only one of the
> foremost Emacs package authors on this planet, but also
> someone who has thought about about task management for
> a long time.

Now that is a big name to defect to the org camp. The fact that
planner's original developer has jumped ship certainly makes me feel
vindicated in switching from planner to org. All kudos to Carsten for
an excellent package that keeps getting better and better.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia