[Orgmode] feature request: retain scheduled time of done scheduled TODO'

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: [Orgmode] feature request: retain scheduled time of done scheduled TODO's
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:22:32 -0400

Hi all,

I have a feature request.

When marking a scheduled TODO as done, I generally want to retain the information about for when it was scheduled. I wish to do so so as to see how far ahead or behind I am from my planned progress. (I use deadlines for things that must be done dates and scheduling for planning when I will do something.)

At present, I am manually copying the active scheduled timestamp into the closing note and turning it into an inactive timestamp. It would be a boon were this able to be done automatically. Unfortunately, my lisp is far too weak to attempt this myself.

Apologies if I overlooked relevant bits of the manual and I'm asking for something that already exists. If so, pointers gratefully accepted :-)

Best,

Brian vdB