[Orgmode] Org-mode files - no fontification

From: Kiermeier, Andreas \(PIRSA - SARDI\)
Subject: [Orgmode] Org-mode files - no fontification
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:25:58 +0930

Dear all,

I'm having a problem with getting org-mode to work 'properly'. The
functionality of the various key bindings appears to work without a
problem, but there is absolutely no fontification.

I've have the following lines in my _emacs file.

;; Turn global font locking on
(global-font-lock-mode t)

(setq load-path (cons "d:/emacs/site-lisp/org" load-path))
(require 'org)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

Possibly related to the fontification problem is the display of links -
they always remain as [[link][description]]. I've checked in the "Org"
menu entry for Hyperlinks - I am using "Descriptive Links:.

The minor modes active in my .org file are:

Enabled minor modes: Auto-Compression Auto-Fill Column-Number
Display-Time Encoded-Kbd File-Name-Shadow Font-Lock Global-Font-Lock
Line-Number Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Tooltip
Transient-Mark Unify-8859-On-Encoding Utf-Translate-Cjk

I'm using Windows XP, GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of
2007-06-02, Org-Mode 5.04 (same problem with the version that shipped
with Emacs).

TIA for any pointers.

Cheers,

Andreas

_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Senior Statistician
Food Innovation & Safety
South Australian Research & Development Institute
33 Flemington Street, Glenside, SA, 5065

Ph:     +61 8 8207 7884
Fax:    +61 8 8207 7854
Mob:    0423 028 565

Email: address@hidden
Web:   http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
My Web: http://andreas.kiermeier.googlepages.com/
_____________________________
You will find my GPG public key on my personal website.

The information contained within this email is confidential and may be
the subject of legal privilege. This email is intended solely for the
addressee, and if you are not the intended recipient you must not
disclose, copy, use or distribute this email or any of its attachments.
If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender
immediately via email reply, delete the message and any attachments from
your system, and destroy any copies made. PIRSA makes no representation
that this mail or any attached files are free from viruses or other
defects. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the email and any
attached files for viruses or other defects.