Re: [Orgmode] Writing raw [1], *aa*, without being interpreted

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Writing raw [1], *aa*, without being interpreted
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:00:16 +0200

Hi Daniel,

in the next version, also something like

With
#+HTML: [1]
#+ASCII: [1]
#+LaTeX: [1]
you can make a footnote.

will work.  Silly, but still does the trick.

- Carsten

On Aug 18, 2007, at 12:19, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Hi,
  in a file I would like to write following line:
----
 „Writing [1] you can create a footnote."
----

  But then [1] is interpreted as a footnote. I have tried escaping it:
\[1\] =[1]= \\[1\\] @<span>[1]@</span> etc. but it doesn't work; it's
always interpreted as a footnote.
  How can these 3 characters [1] be written on a file?

  Of course, disabling footnotes (#+OPTION f:nil) is not a solution
since I do want to use them eventually.

  I expected to find this information in the manual, page 75 (example:
point 11.5.4), but there's nothing about it. I think it's missing a
type of <literal> element:  <literal>this goes [1] *aa* /aa/
unprocessed.</literal>

  Any idea?

  Greetings,
Daniel