Re: [Orgmode] Re: [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [POLL] How do you enter your tasks/todos ?
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:32:17 -0400

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> I mainly failed at work. Dunno if it is because I am at a sys admin
> position.  Tasks/projects/whatever goes all day long and it is always
> urgent. Hard to keep organized ;)

That may be it --- GTD assumes you are keeping track of the next actions
needed to acheive a project.  But often your "project" in sysadmin work
is just keeping your head above water.  The one thing I think a GTD-type
methodology could help with in sysadmin work is to convert all your
inboxes (mail, trouble ticketing system, etc.) into tasks that can be
dealt with on the same level.  If /everything/ is in the trouble
ticketing system, you may not really need org-mode for doing GTD at
work.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |