Re: [Orgmode] postponing todos

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] postponing todos
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:05:46 +0200

On Aug 6, 2007, at 17:42, address@hidden wrote:

Hello,

I would like to have a solution for the following problem:  I browse
TODOs in my agenda view and I would like to postpone them, so agenda
buffers don't list them until a certain date.

I would like to quickly (by using shortcuts) postpone a todo entry from
the agenda buffer by:
  - 1-2-3 day
  - coming monday/friday
  - next monday/friday

What is possible with current org mode?

This is what scheduling is for, and then you use the daily/weekly agenda
instead of the todo list to see those entries.  To schedule, use
`C-c C-s', either in the org-mode buffer or in the agenda.
From the date prompt, you can use

+1
+2
+3

to quickly set the date to today+N days.

Fri
Mon

set it to the coming Friday/Monday.

If the entry has a scheduled date already you can shift this date
with S-right.  And you can use a prefix argument.  for example

7 S-right

will shift the date by 7 days.

- Carsten