Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:02:11 +0200

Hi George,

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you think there is any chance it would make it into the Org
> package? I would greatly prefer not having to maintain a patch for a
> longer period of time.

I can understand that.  Carsten, what do you think?

On the one hand, mairix is unlikely to be heavily in use among Org users
(unless we continue praising it!), so there is no *strong* necessity of
making Org natively interact with it. On the other hand, you cannot
maintain mairix integration through an external library since it depends
on `org-link-types', `org-store-link' and `org-open-at-point'.

I would say it worth keeping it into Org. One request though: could we
spare the cost of a new specific type for threaded searches? For example
we could have `org-gnus-links-prefer-mairix' being either nil, 'threaded
or t, so that you can handle the thread option as an argument, even in
mairix-search.

> So if you do [[mairixt:m:xyz]] it will pull out the entire thread in
> which that message id is present, so you have the full context, which I
> find very useful.

Yes, i also like the fast intexing. Other people playing with it around?

--
Bastien