Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:57:08 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Not fully tested yet, but this patch is a first attempt to implement
> this.
>
> It uses message-id instead of message number to store Gnus links. If
> gnus-registry is on, it fetches location of the article depending on
> gnus-registry-alist.  It's compatible with old Gnus links.
>
> The problem is gnus-registry-alist can be huge, and access to article
> might be somewhat slow.

This looks good; I'll give it a test when I get the chance.  Not sure
"somewhat slow" will be a problem, since jumping to a specific article
in gnus is already somewhat inherently slow.

If it is a problem, maybe gnus-registry can be written to use hashtables
from hash.el (http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/emacs/hash-1.00.tar.gz)
instead of an alist?

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |