Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:04:52 +0200

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> Moving email is trivial -- you just need to call
>
>  gnus-summary-move-article
>
> to move things to the place you want to archive them. But that function
> does not return the URL of the moved article (as one might hope).

I think there is another solution:

1. Make C-c l (org-store-link) store message-id so that org-insert-link
   will insert something like:

  [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#<address@hidden>][Message description]

  intead of the current format:

  [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#2306][Message description]]

2. If `gnus-registry.el' is in use, rely on it to double-check in which
   group the message is. If it's not in use, rely on the link infos.

   It's straightforward to get the group from a message-id with
   gnus-registry.el:

     (cddr (assoc "message-id" gnus-registry-alist))

   Then with the group and the message-id you'll find the email.

I don't go further because this method relies on org-store-link being
aware of message-id, but that should not be hard to turn this on, maybe
as an option.

Anyway, i think gnus-registry comes in handy here.

Cheers,

--
Bastien