Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:22:50 -0400

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ideally, I'd like to make a decision on email when I find them in the
> inboxes, and either archive them without a link, or archive them with a
> link for my Org mode files. The same goes for mail I send.
>
> So for sending mail and for moving mail to archive folders, I would like
> to be able to memorise a link for the email in its *final storage*
> location.

I don't have a solution to this, but I'd like to note that I have the
same problem.

One possible way of approaching it might be with nnir (see
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IndexMail and
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/nnir.el) so that the link you
save in org is a link to a search that will find the message, not a
link to the message itself.  But nnir is currently not working very
reliably for me (trying to use the IMAP backend).

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |