Re: [Orgmode] done todos only date stamped, not date-time stamped

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] done todos only date stamped, not date-time stamped
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:09:12 -0600

Welcome Brian,

On 7/11/07, Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> wrote:
Unfortunately, I get only a datestamp, without time data (e.g., ``
CLOSED: [2007-07-11 Wed]'').

I did M-x apropos-variable RET time done RET and found the variable
org-log-done-with-time. If this variable is t (true) you should be
getting the expected behavior. Since that's the default value, I
suspect its not being set because org isn't loading correctly.

To rule out conflicts with other settings in my .emacs, I have tried
launching emacs with a .emacs that reads, in its entirety:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(setq org-log-done t)

(The tutorial's suggested ``(require 'org-install)'' produces an error
message:
``An error has occurred while loading `/home/brian/.emacs':

File error: Cannot open load file, org-install'')

You might need to put a line like this
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/org")
where /path/to/org points to the directory storing org.elc.

After that you should be able to have (require 'org-install) and have
it work fine.

Cheers,
Scott