Re: [Orgmode] indentation problem following a TBLFM line

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indentation problem following a TBLFM line
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:05:03 -0500

On 6/15/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jun 14, 2007, at 18:34, William Henney wrote:
> * indentation problem following a TBLFM line
>  | foo |
>  |-----|
>  |   1 |
> #+TBLFM: $1=$1
>
> Hitting TAB on this line does not indent correctly.

Very hard to tell what would be correct and not in this case.
It seems to me that this is stressing what TAB should do for
indentation in org-mode.  You are suggesting that it should
look beyond the comment line and indent like the table?

Yes. Other major modes seem to "do the right thing" and ignore
preceding comment lines when doing indentation and filling. For
instance, LaTeX-indent-line in AUCTeX. My lisp skills are not good
enough to really understand how this works and whether it might be
easily applied to org-mode. I just thought I would mention it while we
were on the subject of indentation. If you don't feel it would be
worth the trouble to try and address this, then I fully understand.

Cheers

Will

--

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia