Re: [Orgmode] folding broken in sparse TODO tree

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] folding broken in sparse TODO tree
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:34:30 -0700

On 6/1/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 1, 2007, at 22:57, Jason Dunsmore wrote:

> On 6/1/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2007, at 2:38, Jason Dunsmore wrote:
>>
>> > I think this may be a bug.  When I show a sparse TODO tree with
>> > org-show-todo-tree, 4th level and deeper headings don't unfold
>> > correctly.
>>
>> This has nothing to do with level 4, but with the fact that you
>> have no final newline after the final line.
>>
>> Still, a bug, fixed for 4.76
>>

> I think there is still a related bug in 4.76.  If you put the
> following in an empty buffer:
>
> * level 1
> ** TODO level 2.0
> ** level 2.1
> ** level 2.3
>
> Press C-c C-v, go to the level 2.1 header, and press Tab, it isn't
> unfolded and the EMPTY ENTRY message appears.

Well, the 2.1 is empty, or am I missing something???

Yes, well, there are no notes for that heading, but there are further
level 2 items, which I expected to be unfolded by pressing Tab.  Would
there be anything inconsistant with that behavior?  Otherwise, it's
difficult for me to tell which items with "..." in a sparse TODO tree
can be unfolded and which can't.  Maybe a different symbol can signify
which items can't be unfolded if there is a problem with making Tab
unfold further items at the same level.