[Orgmode] Re: org-blog report

From: David O'Toole
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-blog report
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:48:38 -0400

> First, is this a documentation bug?
>
>     ;; '("blog" . (:base-directory "~/blog/"

Yes. thanks for identifying it.

> org-blog-new-post and org-blog-finish-post work as expected, but
> org-publish does not.  When I interactively org-publish the blog project
> I get the attached index.org in the base-directory, the attached
> blog.xml in the publishing-directory, and no html files anywhere.  Doing
> an interactive org-export-as-html on the attached finished blog entry
> does correctly produce an html file even though publishing the project
> does not.

I'm not sure how to test this. It works fine for me. I am using the
latest versions of both org-publish.el and org-blog.el and these are
on the website in the directory http://dto.freeshell.org/e/
Maybe you can load those into emacs and see if the problem improves?

If not, can you try running it under edebug?

>   - what's the difference between blog-title and index-title in the
>     plist?

blog-title is the title of the exported RSS feed. index-title is the title of
the exported index.html page.

This is not documented, sorry.

>   - in files generated by org-blog-new-post, where will the #+TITLE and
>     #+DESCRIPTION show up on the page?

This is also not documented. I'm probably going to remove the
#+DESCRIPTION functionality.

>   - is content before the first heading published?

Do you mean in a blog post?

--
David O'Toole
address@hidden