Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org update script

From: Pete Phillips
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org update script
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:56:46 +0100

    Carsten> org.el is the single biggest Emacs Lisp file in the Emacs
    Carsten> distribution.

    Carsten> I would always recommend doing the compilation step.  It
    Carsten> speeds up loading of the file, and the general performance
    Carsten> is much better.

This will do the job. Just make sure you edit EMACSBIN to point to the
path of your emacs binary.

Pete

(I will put this up for ftp at some stage)
#!/bin/sh

# script to automate pullingthe latest org from Carsten's site
# PJP address@hidden
# $Revision: 1.1 $
# $Log: update-org.sh,v $
# Revision 1.1  2007/04/26 05:53:54  pete
# Initial revision
#

# set up some variables
# EDIT THESE.!!!

# directory where the org directory is located
DIR=$HOME/emacs/lisp
ORGDIR=$DIR/org
TMP=/tmp
TMPTAR=$TMP/org.tar.gz
# This is where I keep my copy of CVS emacs.
EMACSBIN=/usr/local/emacs-cvs/bin/emacs
#EMACSBIN=/usr/local/bin/emacs

# you should not need to edit anything else below here

# go to the tmp dir
cd $TMP

# make sure we have the lisp dir
mkdir -p $DIR

# get the tar file
wget http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.tar.gz

# ORGDIR is a symbolic link. We get rid of it
rm $ORGDIR

# cd to the lisp directory
cd $DIR

# unpack the tar file
tar xzvf $TMPTAR

# what is the new directory name?
ORGVER=`tar tvf $TMPTAR | head -1 | sed 's/  */ /g' | cut -d' ' -f6`

# remake the link...
ln -s $ORGVER org

# make ...
cd $ORGDIR
mv Makefile Makefile.orig
sed s:EMACS=emacs:EMACS=$EMACSBIN: < Makefile.orig > Makefile
make