Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bugs and suggestions for Org 4.70

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bugs and suggestions for Org 4.70
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:55:54 +0200

On Apr 13, 2007, at 14:10, Bastien wrote:

- It would be nice if we had some feedback in the modeline telling us
what project / headline is currently clocked in -- suggestion stolen
from the planner mailing list...

I like this idea. However, it would probably take up a lot of space in the mode line..... What do you suggest as the content of the label? I guess the elapsed time since the clock was started, and some info about
the item.

Yes. Since headlines styles heavily depends on users' habits, why not use
a new format (like `org-email-link-description-format') ?

org-clocked-in-task-modeline-format examples :

"%e - %.15h" : shows elapsed time and the first 15 characters of the
               headline (excluding TODO/tags keywords)

"%e - [%s%d] %t %p %h %T"
: shows elapsed time, scheduled/dealine state, TODO keyword,
               priority, full headline and tags.

"%c (%e)"    : only shows parent category elapsed time

Formatting options :

%e   elapsed time
%f   file
%c   category
%t   todo state
%p   priority
%h   headline field
%T   tags
%s   scheduled (default: "S" for scheduled)
%d   deadline (default: "D" for deadline)

Since there is always only one project that is being clocked,
this seems a little overkill to me.  Maybe a command to jump
to the item being clocked would be more useful.

- Carsten