[Orgmode] Request: org as minor mode?

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: [Orgmode] Request: org as minor mode?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:58:10 -0700

I've now come to rely heavily on org-mode for too many things --
this is of course good.

But this is also means that increasingly, I'd like to use
org-mode as a minor mode in conjunction with other major
modes. Is this possible?

org lets you use things like orgtbl or org-cdlatex within
org-mode;
what I'd like to see is org-mode itself be usable as a minor mode
--- in a manner similar to outline-minor-mode.

I think this would make things like email composition really
convenient -- org-mode is as yet the most convenient means I've
found in emacs to write ordered and bulleted lists with a minimal
amount of fuss.
 Thanks,
 --Raman

--