[Orgmode] undo bug (plus a plain list bug)

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: [Orgmode] undo bug (plus a plain list bug)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:06:53 -0500

Hi,

   I found a bug with undo and selection.  While putting together a simple recreate, I also found a buglet involving A-left/A-right on plain lists.  First I'll describe the list bug.  If you have a plain list before the first heading you can't use A-left or A-right to promote or demote list items.  So given the file:

==== test 1 =========

  - Stooge
    - moe
    - larry
    - curly

==================

If you got to the line with moe on it and use A-left to promote it  I would expect to see

===== test 1 prime =======

  - Stooge
   - moe
    - larry
    - curly

======================

It doesn't work because it's before the first heading.  Not a big deal, but I though I'd mention it.

The second is more of an issue for someone like me who tends to live by undo and is also sloppy about have a selection.  Given the file

==== test 2 =========

* brilliant
  - Stooge
    - moe
    - larry
    - curly

==================

Now go to the line with moe and press A-left twice to get the file:  (note: moe indented twice.  larry and curly indented once)

==== test 2 prime ====

* brilliant
  - Stooge
  - moe
   - larry
   - curly

=================

Now select the region containing lines with moe and larry using what ever method you like.  (The mouse is easy.)  Do two undos.  I would expect it to undo both promotes, restoring the file back to its contents in test 2.  Instead I get:  (curly never got demoted)

==== test 2 double prime ====

* brilliant
  - Stooge
    - moe
    - larry
   - curly

I'm assuming that regional undos are not a feature I'm unfamiliar with.  This is with emacs 21.2.1 on cygwin running org 4.69a.  I've seen similar on 21.1.1 on AIX and an older version org.

Edd