Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode 4.69
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:18:56 -0500

On 3/21/07, Leo <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2007-03-21, Carsten Dominik said:

>   - You can now use multiple sets of TODO keywords in the same
>     buffer.  For example, you may put the following three lines
>     into a file:
>
>       #+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
>       #+SEQ_TODO: REPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED
>       #+TYP_TODO: Fred Laura Peter Me OK

I feel this too complicated. Isn't it more intuitive and consistent to
make this work like #+CATEGORY and #+ARCHIVE?

You meaning having one sequence going at a time and replacing it with
each use of #+SEQ_TODO: or  #+TYP_TODO:?  I don't think I'd like that,
but I could see how other might use it and how having multiple
sequences at once could polute the names space so to speak.

How about a generalize syntax where you name a sequence.  If you don't
give a name you are defining/replacing the null or default sequnce.
So:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO DONE
#+SEQ_TODO: (BUG-TRACKING) REPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED
#+TYP_TODO: (TEAM) Fred Laura Peter Me OK
.
.
.
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO WORKING DONE
Now the default is redefined
.
.
.
#+TYP_TODO: (TEAM)
The TEAM todo type is effectively gone.

This would let me have my set of TODO 'types'.  It would allow others
to redifne the default todo sequence without having them all at once.
It might be a pita to implement though.

Edd