Re: [Orgmode] #+CATEGORY line being archived

From: Jost Burkardt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] #+CATEGORY line being archived
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:18:35 +0100

> On Mar 18, 2007, at 17:09, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I found that if I do 'C-c C-x C-s' on headline "Done Task", all text
>>> up to the next headline "CR" is archived. This clearly is not the
>>> right behavior. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
>>
>> I had this problem before and I'm now using #+ARCHIVE like this:
>>
>> ,----
>> | * Head1
>> |   * Done Task
>> |
>> | * CR
>> | #+CATEGORY: CR
>> | #+ARCHIVE: %s_archive::* CR
>> |   * anything
>> `----
>>

> This is a fundamental problem, for which there are only work-arounds,
> no solutions.  Because of the structure of an outline, there is no such
> thing as a "location between sections".

One solution which comes to my mind is to bind
#+CATEGORY: CR
to the previous heading, just the way the task keyword SCHEDULE, etc. do.

One possible use case, where this would break the actual beheavious,
which comes to my mind is categorisation of a task list, eg.

* Tasks
#+CATEGORY: @WORK
** TODO Task 1
** TODO Task 2
#+CATEGORY: @HOME
** TODO Task 3

but maybe it would always be possible (and maybe more outliner like)
to categorize via additional Subheadings:

* Tasks
** @WORK
#+CATEGORY: @WORK
*** TODO Task 1
*** TODO Task 2
** @HOME
#+CATEGORY: @HOME
** TODO Task 3

No Idea, how easy such an behaviour could be implemented.

Jost

PS. I was reading this list via gmane for a while, this is my first
post, so let me say, how much I appreciate this fantastic emacs-mode,
which definitely did change my personal planning to the better !