Re: [Orgmode] Formatting text in webpages from org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Formatting text in webpages from org-mode
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:21:18 +0100

On Mar 14, 2007, at 16:18, Egli Christian ((KIRO 43)) wrote:

Hi Shelagh

I wanted to use org-mode and blorg.el to make some web pages
on my local intranet. Some of the text is poetry and I am
having some difficulty in working out how to keep it in the
form I want.

From the manual
(http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Enhancing- text)
:

Lines starting with `:' are also typeset in fixed-width font.

C-c :
    Toggle fixed-width for entry (QUOTE) or region, see below.

Another possibility might be

@<pre>
  As /plain/ this snipped can't be sold
  Because it still makes some words *bold*
  But form and shape are kept quite well
  Through its implicit line-break spell.
@</pre>

- Carsten