Re: [Orgmode] Sorting top level items

From: redblue last
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting top level items
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:17:22 +0100

On 2/17/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
To sort top-level entries you need to have an active region containing
the entries you want to sort (using transient-mark-mode).

Thanks, this somewhat works.

I have two problems with it.

First minor problem is that it doesn't sort the first entry if it is
at the beginning of the buffer. Only the entries from second to end of
region are sorted.
For example:

* c
* b
* a

would be

* c
* a
* b

If "*c" is the first line in the buffer.

Second problem is if I have something like:

* DONE d
 CLOSED: [2007-02-18 sun]
* TODO a
* TODO b

I get an error saying "Region to sort contains a level above the first entry.

If however I have this:

* DONE d   CLOSED: [2007-02-18 sun]
* TODO a
* TODO b