Re: [Orgmode] Re: storing link doesn't work from Gnus

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: storing link doesn't work from Gnus
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:43:50 +0100

Lets just get this streight:  You are all talking about an error

"org-store-link: Invalid function:gnus-summary-article-header"

In  my version of gnus, this marco is defined in the file gnus-sum.el.

The only place this macro is used in org.el is in org-store-link,
and it looks like this:

     ((memq major-mode '(gnus-summary-mode gnus-article-mode))
      (require 'gnus-sum)
(and (eq major-mode 'gnus-article-mode) (gnus-article-show-summary))
      (gnus-summary-beginning-of-article)
      (let* ((group (car gnus-article-current))
             (article (cdr gnus-article-current))
             (header (gnus-summary-article-header article))
             (author (mail-header-from header))
             (message-id (mail-header-id header))
             (date (mail-header-date header))
             (subject (gnus-summary-subject-string)))
        (setq cpltxt (concat author " on: " subject))

In the second line I am explicitly requiring gnus-sum, so the macro will be
available when called.  Could the people who are seeing this bug please
check if

- gnus-summary-article-header is defined in a different file

or

- if there is another file in their gnus distribution that
  does (provide 'gnus-sum)

Otherwise I am really out of ideas on this one.

- Carsten