Re: [Orgmode] Small bug and sorting suggestion

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Small bug and sorting suggestion
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:43:59 +0100

>> The feature suggestion is this one: since you're working on sorting,
>> what about sorting headlines depending on the date they're attached
>> to?
>>
>> I've got a headline called "Call for paper" where I put all the CFP
>> and that would be great to have them automagically sorted.
>
> I take it that you are talking about sorting tree-nodes in the
> Org-mode buffer, similar to Carles Cave's request?

Yes, that's right.

>> This could be either an absolute order (first coming headline first
>> displayed, no matter if it's SCHEDULED or DEADLINE) or a mix between
>> categories and dates (DEADLINE first with sorted items, then SCHEDULED
>> with sorted items, etc).
>
> Hmmm again - if I read this, it looks to me that you are in fact
> talking about sorting in the agenda buffer.  Which one is it?

It is the org-mode buffer.  We would have something like this:

(Sorted by dates only:)

,----
| * item 1
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-20 lun>
|
| * item 2
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-21 lun>
|
| * item 3
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-22 lun>
|
| * item 4
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-23 lun>
`----

(Sorted by dates and [implicit?] priority - i.e. DEADLINE first,
SCHEDULED second:)

,----
| * item 2
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-21 lun>
|
| * item 4
|   DEADLINE: <2006-11-23 lun>
|
| * item 1
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-20 lun>
|
| * item 3
|   SCHEDULED: <2006-11-22 lun>
`----

I guess you will find some neat way to chose between the row
chronological order and the mixed chronological/priority order.

Regards,

--
Bastien