Re: [Orgmode] orgmode under XEmacs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] orgmode under XEmacs
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:06:37 +0100

Hi York,

we definitely need more information in order to find what the problem is.

1. org-mode version
   Always make sure you are using the latest version of org-mode because
   you bug may already have been found and fixed.

2. A copy of your entire configuration regarding org-mode.

3. A back-trace of the error. This you can produce in the following way:
   - start a fresh xemacs and make sure that you load noutline.el and
     org.el instead of the byte-compiled .elc versions.  For example,
     I do this with

          xemacs -l /path/to/noutline.el -l /path/to/org.el

   - go to the menu Options->Troubleshooting
     and select "Debug on Error" there.

4. Go ahead and do whatever you have to do to hit the bug, like loading
   an org-mode file.

5. When the error is hit, xemacs will pop up a "*Backtrace*" buffer.
   We need to see the full content of this buffer.  As this buffer
   may contain very long lines, it is better to send it as an attachment
   than to copy it into the email.

With this information I often can find the bug already, or at least
know what else to ask from you.

- Carsten