Re: [Orgmode] feature request: delete-selection-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] feature request: delete-selection-mode
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:53:26 +0200

On Oct 18, 2006, at 0:57, John J Foerch wrote:

Hi,

        I am using org-mode 4.44, and I wish it would work with
delete-selection-mode.

There are two ways to handle this.

1) Either you stop org-mode from taking over all the commands inserting
   letters and deleting single characters.  This means not using the
   optimized version of the table editor:

     (setq org-enable-table-editor t)

   The disadvantage is that in tables, each letter typed now dis-aligns
   the table and you need to wait for the next align (triggered by TAB,
   for example) for things to look nice again.

2) Or you make delete-selection-mode aware of org-mode's special commands:

     (eval-after-load "delsel"
       '(progn
          (put 'org-self-insert-command 'delete-selection t)
          (put 'orgtbl-self-insert-command 'delete-selection t)
          (put 'org-delete-char 'delete-selection 'supersede)
          (put 'org-delete-backward-char 'delete-selection 'supersede)))

Hope this helps.

- Carsten