Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.

From: Alex Bochannek
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode usage and concept mapping.
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:48:54 -0700

chris <address@hidden> writes:

> I hadn't considered concept maps, but see these could be very useful in the
> development stage of projects - thanks for the tip!  I'm not clear, though,
> how
> these would work in org-mode (without export to graphviz or similar).

I was actually suggestion using these two tools in the opposite order:
Start with a simple outline in Org-mode and then export to CmapTools,
for example.

I have been doing some more work with concept maps in the last week
and have to say that I am not so sure anymore who well Org-mode could
interface with them. The difficulty is the inherently non-linear
nature of concept maps that would be difficult to model in Org-mode
(see my comment about unique names in my email from last Sunday.)

Alex.