Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Managing files?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Managing files?
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:44:21 +0200

On Aug 31, 2006, at 20:08, Li Yuanqian-MGIA0534 wrote:

I think It would be great if there is some search capability like
[[locate:Doc/foo.pdf]] in org-mode. Something similar to "globalff.el"
that use "updatedb" utility. The utility is available in both MS Windows and Unix.

I have had a look at globalff.el, and it seems to me that an even better way forward would be to talk to the developer of globalff and ask him to add a feature: It should be possible to take a default search string is taken from the file name at point in a similar way as ffap does it. He could even use ffap internals to grab that string in a useful way, I guess. This would be something not only useful in Org-mode, but in many other modes too.

- Carsten

Jeff