Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Regressions in 4.42?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Regressions in 4.42?
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:16:49 +0200

On Jul 6, 2006, at 17:09, Christian Egli wrote:

Hi Carsten

I'm using org-mode 4.42 (Emacs from CVS). It seems to me that there are
some regressions.

     1. org-agenda-redo marks all org buffers as modified:
        org-save-all-org-buffers works great but seems to expose a bug.
        When I hit 'r' (in the agenda buffer) to redo my agenda, all my
        org buffers seem to become modified and hence
        org-save-all-org-buffers always has to save all the buffers as
        the seem dirty. Reproduce by repeatedly typing 'r' and 's' in
        the org agenda buffer.

Yes, I can reproduce this. The buffers are not really changed, all I am doing is changing a few text properties to mark comments and ARCHIVED subtrees. Emacs sees these changes as enough reason to raise the buffer-modified flag.

     2. Regression in org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled and
        org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels: in the previous version I was
        able to hide subtasks by setting org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels
        to nil and to hide scheduled TODOs by setting
        org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled to t. The agenda buffer would
        only show the topmost task and would only show it for the
        specific day if scheduled. However with 4.42 as soon as I
schedule the topmost task is hidden from the list of open tasks,
        but the subtasks are shown in the list of open tasks, which is
        not how it (correctly) worked before.

Also this I can reproduce - antoerh bug related to the introduction of the ARCHIVE tag.

Both problems will be fixed in 4.43, thanks.

- Carsten