Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Attention XEmacs users

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Attention XEmacs users
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:02:53 +0200

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 07:38:03PM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2006, at 15:21, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
> >
> >Could you just add it into a 'contrib' type directory in the
> >distribution file?
>
> Yes, I will distribute the file with Org-mode, but in an XEmacs
> directory, not in contrib.  If I put it in contrib, too many people
> will install it also under Emacs, which will break it and create too
> many emails for me :-)
>
> Yes, we could have a contrib directory.  Any suggestions on how this
> should be structured?  It would need to have a mechanism to carry
> documentation, and to clearly mark things as not under my
> maintenance.

A simple Readme-<contribution>.txt possibly? if you published a
CVS/whatever tree as a 'src' distribution alongside the normal distro,
it would then be up to the contrib maintainers to send you patches
against it for distribution. This should work if you use the same type
of pre-release warning email you sent for each release.

Tim.