[Emacs-orgmode] Testing org-mode 4.37 (and a few suggestions)

From: Bastien
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] Testing org-mode 4.37 (and a few suggestions)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:33:00 +0100

Heya,

some testing and suggestions...

* `org-version' is 4.36b in the last release (should be 4.37, no ?)

* I like the new `org-export' behavior, but (1) the [t] key ("insert
  the export option template") is not defined; (2) the [x] key (XOXO
  export) is somewhat confusing, since no global C-x key is available
  anymore (maybe use [O]?)

Suggestions:

* Keeping stored link after insertion often depends on the link we
  need to insert.  So `org-keep-stored-link-after-insertion' is OK,
  but some way to control this for every insertion (overriding the
  default value of the variable above) would be useful.

  Maybe C-u C-u C-u C-c C-l is okay ?

* What about a default description with stored links ?

  For example, the default for a file would be the name of the file,
  the default for a w3m buffer would be the title of the page, the
  default for a bibtex entry would be some apalike (or user defined)
  formatted string, and so on.

* org-narrow-to-current-level

  This is defined in org-blogging.el; i always use it when editing
  some big org file.

(defun org-narrow-to-current-level nil
  "Narrow to current level."
  (interactive)
  (narrow-to-region
   (or (save-excursion
         (re-search-backward "^\\(\\*+\\) " nil t))
       (point-min))
   (or (save-excursion
         (re-search-forward
          (concat "^"