Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: [David O'Toole] Fwd: Re: org-publish future ?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: [David O'Toole] Fwd: Re: org-publish future ?
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:17:57 +0200

On Jun 6, 2006, at 15:54, Michael Olson wrote:

My interest in exporting Org-mode to more formats is quite limited.
I am not using Org-mode to write books.  And if I want to produce a
book, moving away from the fantastic toolset for LaTeX available
under Emacs to something that limits my possibilities to a subset of
LaTeX is a loss, not a gain.

That may be true for those who have LaTeX experience.  For those who
don't, *any* decent attempt at making it easier to generate LaTeX
documents from Org files would be a gain.

Yes, this is certainly true. ascii-to-xxx converters can certainly help you to write your first LaTeX document. However, they don't encourage to grow into that language at all, so to some extend they are a dead end.

- Carsten