Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Release of org-mode 4.30

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Release of org-mode 4.30
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:21:20 -0400

Running emacs 21.3.1 on Windows xp.

I've installed org-mode 4.30 (I think), following the new directions in
the online documentation:

--org.el, org-publish.el, and org-intall.el are in my load path
--I've byte-compiled org.el and org-publish.el
--I've added "(require 'org-install)" to .emacs (I also deleted several
lines previously in .emacs but now provided in org-install.el)

I say "I think" I've installed it, because after I re-start emacs, m-x
org_version returns 4.29. Also, in the messages generated during the
start, I see these lines:

The time stamp on org.el is 14:17 today. The time stamp on org.elc is
09:54. Since it's only 10:10 today where I am, I'm assuming that the
time stamp on org.el comes from Carsten's time zone. I've double-checked
and I know that I've byte compiled the org.el file in the path (with the
14:17 time stamp). But I don't know why it's loading it twice.

Also, the new checklist feature doesn't work. I insert a list:

* Checklist
  - [_] Item 1
  - [_] Item 2

If I do m-return at the end of one of the items I get this in messages:

Debugger entered: nil
  org-insert-item()
  org-insert-heading(nil)
  org-meta-return(nil)
* call-interactively(org-meta-return)

If I do c-c while on a checklist I get this in the minibuffer:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-at-item-checklet-p

Any ideas?

Thanks --

John