[Emacs-orgmode] publishing e-scripts with org-publish.el

From: David O'Toole
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] publishing e-scripts with org-publish.el
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:21:57 -0400

I've added preliminary support for publishing e-scripts with
org-publish.el.

What are e-scripts?

>From my webpage:

"plain-text documents that contain commentary, executable emacs lisp
hyperlinks, and specially marked segments of executable shell script
code, meant to be triggered one at a time by the user (possibly after
some customization."

E-scripts are processed by eev-mode (http://angg.twu.net/#eev )

But anyway, the code is at:

http://dto.freeshell.org/e/org-publish-escript.el

It's still quite preliminary, and I'm not sure if any of you actually
use eev-mode :-) but I find eev-mode quite useful and plan to share my
knowledge about many tasks using e-scripts. eev-mode is a sort of IDE
and front-end to the shell.

org-publish-escript-to-html is a pluggable publishing function for
org-publish, I intend to create a library of such functions to render
many types of input files as smart HTML, so that people who write in
diverse formats can publish their files as a coherent site.

Note, this plugin publishes both the original source .e file, and the
marked up .e.html file (and inserts a header with link to the original)
so that people can download the raw non-html file.

Example output of my org-publish-escript.el

http://dto.freeshell.org/e/emacs.e.html
http://dto.freeshell.org/e/dvd.e.html

Oh, if you don't like the colors, you can set the :style keyword in
your org-publish-project-alist.

       '("escripts" . (:base-directory "~/e/"
                         :base-extension "e"
                         :publishing-directory "/ssh:address@hidden:~/html/e/"
                         :publishing-function org-publish-escript-to-html))))

So, has anyone tried out org-publish?

--
Dave O'Toole
address@hidden